Organized in 1974 as a separate tax-exempt 501(c)(3) corporation to advance the mission and goals of the Health Center, the Saint John’s Heath Center Foundation is governed by an all volunteer Board of Directors (Trustees) who bring their leadership skills to ensure that Saint John’s Health Center is here for their community – now and in the future.
Trustees work tirelessly with the Foundation staff to vision, plan, initiate and maintain structured programs of support for the Health Center’s capital, equipment and programmatic needs, and to carry forward the mission of compassionate care set forth by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth.
When the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth came west to build Saint John’s, generous neighbors helped these pioneering women purchase the land upon which the Saint John’s Health Center campus stands today. The Saint John’s Health Center Foundation grew out of the original Saint John’s Hospital Guild that was founded in 1947. Today, the Saint John’s Health Center Foundation is a robust non-profit charged with advancing the mission of Saint John’s Health Center by identifying gifts for capital projects, programs and community outreach. Most recently, donor support funded more than half of the construction of the New Saint John’s.